Thursday, December 10, 2009

Preschool Day

Yesterday I took my turn hosting our preschool group and we learned about the seasons. This was our craft. I found the idea online somewhere. They are ice cream cone Christmas trees. The children loved it and were able to do the whole craft themselves, with a little supervision. I loved seeing the children really enjoying the craft and all the other activities they did.

Cold days mean hot chocolate. A favorite treat of ours is hot chocolate with a peppermint stick in it. I let Benjamin try one, as you can see he really enjoyed it.

Here is a funny one of Rebecca. She was playing on my bed while I was reading and then I noticed the room got quiet. I turned and saw she had fallen asleep. I thought it was funny she fell asleep with the "Sleep Book", which just goes to show that it really should "be read in bed". I can't help but yawn just looking at the book.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

What cute trees! That's a great idea! And I love me some hot chocolate. :)

Amanda said...

Bryce loved his tree so much even though technically didn't do it himself. He was so excited to show everyone. Thanks for a great preschool day!

Natalie said...

I totally want to do this. Can you send me the instructions? My email is nat531@yahoo.com.
What a great idea!
Love, Natalie

Rockin' Rowes said...

That is so cute! Good job on the edible trees!