Friday, November 21, 2008
Last night I had a meeting and arrived at the location ten minutes early and was about to get out and go into the person's house when I decided that I would take that time and just sit in the silence. (I noticed that no one else had arrived yet) I sighed and listened to the sounds and quietly filtered in from outside. It felt better than taking a nap!
I just finished reading a set of books ("City of Ember, and "The People of Sparks") that made me think about the night sky and lights and all that we use in a different way. As I thought about this I was realizing how much the world go by so quickly during the day and we are so caught up in our lives; and when night comes and we can't see our busy little world so well any more, we gaze up into the sky seeing the endless sea of stars and realize that man is so much smaller in the whole of creation and that there is so much more to life and the world than the busy little tasks we do all day.
The quiet of the night turns my attention toward heaven and my Father in Heaven. He is there, he does love us even through all the noise and chaos of our little world. I am thankful for the chance to quietly listen.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? No, I have always thought it was kind of gross to think about what it is.
2. Have you ever smoked? No
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Grape has to be the best. Clark has introduced some fun new flavors but Purple is always the best!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes! I get so nervous I think I give the doctor ideas that I need more done to me than I really do!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I love when they are grilled, but otherwise they are not that good to me.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I don’t think I have a favorite.
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Milk or water.
9. Can you do push-ups? I haven’t tried in a while. I might be able to do one.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring, which is about the only thing I wear now days.
11. Favorite hobby? Playing the piano and painting. I don't get to pain very often, but I love trying to picture how I would paint the things I see around me.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
13. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? I am always so tired.
14. Middle name? Frances
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. It is raining outside. I hope Clark and the children are having fun and are safe. I should be getting to sleep right now while I can…
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, milk, apple juice.
17. How many siblings do you have? Three.
18. Favorite place to be? Home
19. Current hate right now? Trying to get ready in the morning and keeping the children out of trouble at the same time. (Clark goes to school at 4:00 a.m. so I have to squeeze in my time to get ready since my children wake up at 6:30 and I will not be waking up earlier right now in my life.)
20. How did you bring in the New Year, 2008? I was sleeping.
21. Where would you like to go? Anywhere if only I could go with only my husband. Another honeymoon would be nice.
22. Name three people who might complete this: ----
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, at least five. (I just can’t get rid of the old ones.)
24. What shirt are you wearing? An “Environmental Science Institute” t-shirt Clark got from a conference he went to.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t know, but probably not.
26. Can you whistle? Yes.
27. Favorite color? Red and all the Autumn colors.
28. Would you be a pirate? No, I always end up wanting to be a princess.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Religious songs, and church hymns.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name: Rebecca
31. Favorite Boy’s Name: David
32. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets…
33. Last thing that made you laugh? I think I had a pretty hard day today and can’t remember, but I do remember laugh pretty hard yesterday at something the children did. (Probably David making his silly faces)
34. What vehicle do you drive? Van
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I was hit by a car when I was 14 yrs. old. I didn’t have many injuries, but it was the most tramatic.
36. Do you love where you live? I do love it here, but it doesn’t feel like “home”. Perhaps someday I will live in a place I consider "home".
37. How many TV’s do you have in your house? One.
38. Who is your loudest friend? My husband.
39. Do you have any pets? No.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? My husband.
41. Your favorite book(s): I really like the “Chronicles of Narnia” and there have been lots of books I have liked that I read with the children like “The Runaway Pumpkin”.
42. Do you collect anything? Children’s things.
43. Favorite Sports Team? None.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? “Somewhere My Love” my Grandpa used to sing this one.
Somewhere, my love,There will be songs to sing
Although the snow covers the hope of spring.
Somewhere a hill blossoms in green and gold
And there are dreams all that your heart can hold.
Someday we'll meet again, my love.
Someday whenever the spring breaks through.
You'll come to me out of the long ago,
Warm as the wind, soft as the kiss of snow.
Till then, my sweet, think of me now and then.
God, speed my love'til you are mine again.
Francis Paul Webster
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Today is the big day we have been preparing for all these months! We decided to start a fun family tradition when it comes to voting. I waited for Clark to come home and we WALKED to the elementary school just a minute away. (I emphasize "walked" because they just changed our location and it is now in walking distance!!! A big thing here in Texas--no pun intended.) The children loved getting to see the school David will attend next year, and we loved getting to vote.
Now for the tradition. We went out for ice cream afterwards to celebrate the chance we had to vote and to talk about what voting is. Our children were so happy! They would tell people that "they" voted, and they wore their stickers proudly.
Life is always a fun adventure when Clark is home with us. He makes everything so fun!