Thursday, September 20, 2012

Strength Through Tradition

We have had the tradition of attending the temple as a family each month for about six years now. That isn't to say that we have made it exactly every month for six years, but we have done pretty well at keeping it as a tradition. The other day I was actually imagining what it might be like to have children old enough that they could baby-sit while Clark and I go to the temple and I surprisingly felt sad.  I have enjoyed making this a family tradition, even if it is tiring and hard.  I am also reminded every time we make this trip that the family really is what the temple is all about.  We are doing our best to build a strong, faithful, loving family; and attending the temple reminds me of my goals to keep our family strong.

Out for a walk while at the temple.

I am certain that these sweet children I am blessed with are better friends with each other because we have kept this a tradition.  We are better able to handle the challenges that come with having a family because of this tradition.

Exploring while at the temple.
I know that the temple blesses our lives with power and strength to remain faithful through all the trials of life.  In the temple we can draw closer to God and have better perspective.  I really do "love to see the temple"!  (Link to Song)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Maryann,
I love your thoughts about having your family with you while you attend the temple, even if they're outside. You set a wonderful example.