Having fun watching the bats fly out!
Getting ready to teach Preschool! This week I am teaching preschool on bats, and today was our first day. The children really had fun learning about bats and pretending to be bats. Hopefully they will learn all the wonderful things about bats.
Someone at church e-mailed this funny thing, I sure had a laugh at a lot of them. Perhaps you will think they are funny too.
You Know You're a Mother When:
1. Your car has more seat belts than windows.
2. Your grocery budget is higher than your house payment.
3. You do most of your thinking and praying in the bathroom.
4. Creative decorating means lots of bookshelves and bunk beds.
5. You have at least three witty replies to "Are they all yours?"
6. You just really wish people would not think they were clever for saying, "Don't you know what causes that?"
7. You have forgotten how many times you have been asked, "Are you Mormon or Catholic?"
8. Your food storage takes up more room than your entire kitchen... And that is just for this week!
9. You have so much laundry that when you finally get to the bottom of the pile, it's actually stuck to the floor!
10. Taking the kids grocery shopping with you makes you feel like a mother duck.
11. When you see photos of castles and grand mansions, all you can think is how many bedrooms it has (YES!), and how much space all those other rooms provide for the kids to mess up (NO WAY!).
12. You know that every time you move the couch or couch cushions, you will find Cheerios under them.... Even if you have not had Cheerios in the house!
13. You know the "law of crumbs". "Any food item that will crumble will produce twice its own weight in crumbs."
14. You are certain one of your kids is sneaking rolls of toilet paper out of the house and selling them because you know there is no way they could be using that much of it, even if there ARE a lot of bottoms in your house.
15. When you go to order fast food, you order 6 hamburgers, one with ketchup only, one plain, one with no pickles or onions, two with no pickles, onions or mustard, and one with nothing but cheese, plus one fish sandwich, one chicken sandwich, one large hamburger, and one large hamburger with bacon. You then have to repeat yourself three times so the person at the window can get it right.
16. If two kids bring home identical toys from their kid's meal, you know you have to put names on them first thing, or they will fight over whose is whose, even if both of them have one in their hand.
17. You have a full baby book for your first two children, half of one for the next one, and nearly empty baby books or none at all for the later ones.
18. When the many-times-handed down clothing is finally too worn out to hand down again, you still have a hard time letting it go because it has so many good memories attached.
19. You don't have a wardrobe of "fat clothes" and "skinny clothes". You have "regular clothes", "pregnant clothes", and "nursing clothes".
20. When a child outgrows something, you put it away in a box in the closet or garage, even if you don't have a younger child of that gender, because you just know you are going to need it eventually!
21. Your idea of a great dining set is one that has lots of expansion leaves. When you see a corporate boardroom on TV, all you can think is what a great dining table the conference table would make.
22. You sometimes wonder how it is that other moms get really nice gifts for holidays, and you end up with 6 pieces of cardboard with "I love you Mom your the best." written on it in crooked writing. And you have a box in your closet that you put them in.
23. You cook dinner in pots large enough to bathe a baby in, and frequently lament over the insufficient size of convenience appliances like mixers, waffle irons, and crock pots – and you compromise by owning two of each.
24. You can think of more than three great Christmas gifts for a child of any age... Because you always have a child close to the age in question!
25. You think that a mini-van is just too small to be a practical family car - but you wish they'd make a shopping cart about that size!
26. Getting the whole family to sit still for a holiday photo is bad enough, and then getting a picture when nobody is crying, making bunny ears, blinking, or sticking their finger in their nose is a major triumph!
27. Your stretchmarks might better be described as "pleats".
28. Other people dream of buying a Porche or other sports car, but all you can think is that it wouldn't be good for anything because it is not cheap enough for your husband to commute in, and it doesn't have enough seats for the family, and there's no WAY you are going to let your teenager drive that!
29. When you see blue jeans, rubber boots or a winter coat at a yard sale, you are likely to buy it even if it doesn't actually fit anyone right now....because you know it will fit someone someday!!
30. You have some sort of system (or many!) that involve initials, color coding or an overactive labeling machine.