Saturday, January 17, 2009

Exemplary Family

There are many people that I look up to and watch to see how I can help my family grow to be a Christ-like family. As I was visiting one of these families yesterday I asked the mother in a lull in the conversation how she had such a shining family where her children are always happy, kind, and really glow with the light of Christ in their eyes. Her answer was that what the church teaches families to do together is true. Just keep having family home evening, family scripture study, family prayers, etc.

How simple those things are to do, and yet how easy to let life get in the way. I am thankful that Clark and I have strived to keep those part of our lives, and trying to improve as well. I feel the power that comes from holding these together. Our children hear our faith and testimonies of Jesus Christ and his gospel, they feel the Holy Ghost, love grows in our home and we are that much closer to our Savior.

I am thankful for my sweet children. Even though we have down times here and there as we struggle to grow together, I am always impressed by each child and the love they radiate. They truly are gifts from God and I am thankful for the power Heavenly Father has give us to be sealed as a family forever. I can't imagine not being a family.

Regarding David's Birthday, I will post more after today.

1 comment:

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Thanks for finding us! I am so glad that you did! Congratulations on having 2 more children since we last saw you! You have a beautiful family! (How many exclamation points can I use here?) I am SO glad that we can keep in touch this way and who knows, maybe we will move to TX in 2010. It is a possible option for Rick's residency. It would great to see you guys again!