Friday, June 12, 2009

Song of the Heart

For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.
Doctrine and Covenants 25:12

I love music. I find I sometimes sing to my children more than I talk with them. Music is the easiest way for me to express myself. I find it is the quickest way to bring the Spirit into our home as well. I love playing the piano and having my children come sit by me and hug me because they feel the Spirit touch their hearts through the music.

The other morning I had a song in my mind, "Strength Beyond My Own". I decided to listen to it while we ate breakfast. The children listened closely and wanted to know what the song was about. We were then able to talk about the temple and how I love thinking of this song when I am at the temple and see the beautiful light flowing through the windows.


Music truly is the song and testimony of the heart. I love sharing that with my family.

1 comment:

Rockin' Rowes said...

I clicked on that link and played it for my kids. It is a beautiful song. Thanks for your comments.