Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fast Learner

Last week was David's first week of school. Everyday he brings home a folder that we check and also contains pages that he practices (words, numbers, letters). One of the papers in the practice section was on learning to tie your shoe. We showed David how to tie his shoes and let him practice, and I figured in a few weeks he would start to understand it and get the knack of it. I don't remember how old I was, but five seems pretty young.

To my surprise, David picked it up after only a couple times of us helping him. This morning he surprised me by doing it completely by himself, and even adding the double knot! Perhaps I am just his mother, but he amazes me at how quickly he is picking everything up. What a smart little boy!

Our children amaze me in how quickly they learn.

No comments: