Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Sisters, Sisters"

Many people have actors or singers as their heroes while they are growing up, not me.  The person I think I looked up to the most while I was growing up was my sister.  I have always watched what she does and wanted to do just as well as she did.  She played the piano beautifully, so I wanted to play the piano beautifully.  She drew fun pictures, so I wanted to try and draw fun pictures.  She started jogging and running races, and I thought it would be neat to do the same thing.


More importantly, while we shared a room during my early teens I saw her reading her scriptures, and she shared what she was learning with me.  I saw that and decided I wanted to learn from the scriptures for myself.  I saw her faith and example, and I want to be just like that.  She has been a great example to me, and I am so thankful she was the one I looked up to.  Many of the good habits I have are because I saw her doing it and decided I wanted to do it too.


She has a way of making me smile.  She finds humor in everyday, she always makes me laugh.  I am thankful to have a sister.




We have laughed about this song in days long ago, but it always reminds me of my sister.  Thanks, Gaylene, for being my sister and my friend.  You really are amazing!

3 comments:

gaylene said...

You're too sweet :)
Like I said yesterday, you took whatever example I gave you and multiplied it, reading the scriptures so much more than I ever did, writing in your journal every day, sticking to choosing the right in every circumstance. You're amazing!

Rockin' Rowes said...

I'm lucky because I have BOTH of you as sisters

Camille said...

What a great post - I love that song too :) Sisters are wonderful!!