Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

David melted my tired heart this morning. I really didn't get much sleep last night, or at least the good kind of sleep. David woke up at his usual time and I was wishing I had a snooze button to push on him. I decided to give him something to eat and then go to the couch for a little more rest. While I was lying there, David started sing the Mother's day song that he is learning in Primary. Even though I was really tired, it made me feel so happy. I felt that even if he wasn't feeling brave enough to sing front of all the church on Sunday, at least he sang it to me. He also sang the Family Prayer song. ("let us gather in a circle...") He is such a good little boy.

I made this picture for my Grandmother. I was hoping to capture a bit of the Texas wild flowers. I hope it makes her happy, even if it isn't done as well as I had hoped. I am thankful for the example of wonderful mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers, etc. I love learning from them the wisdom they have learned in all their days of mothering. Even if times change, mothering doesn't change all that much. The children still need love, patience, kindness, and good examples.

Here is a video Clark made on Mothers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrUZhhijlw8


Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments: