Thursday, May 22, 2008

Really Interesting Book


Over ten years ago my Dad gave each of my siblings and me a copy of this book. I was pretty young and didn't understand what it really was and thought, "Some day I will read it..." Well, ten plus years have passed and I saw it sitting on our bookshelf and I realized I am definitely old enough to read it now! As a child I thought it was going to be a really slow moving history of something really boring. As I started reading it, I found that it is very interesting and Turley really wrote it in a way that sucks you into the book and makes it more of a mystery than a history.
You might think it a strange gift to give all your children a book about the story surrounding Mark Hofmann, but my dad was involved in this drama (he works in the Church Historical Department, Turley is kind of my Dad's boss) and also helped with the putting together of the book. As I read it, I come to see all that my dad had to go through right about the time I was born. It really is an amazing story. If you ever have a chance and want to read a great mystery, that is true, this was a great book to read.

1 comment:

Ladybug143 said...

Looks interesting. What is the full title? It is hard to read on the blog. By-the-way, my dad says hello! He went home today. We miss him already!