Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Stewards

Over the years I have learned more about climate change. I know there is a lot of controversy over whether it is real or not; I am concluded that it is real and that we do have an effect on our environment and the earth.

I have watched and read many things, and many different points of view. Here is the latest that I watched from a BYU forum:


God has blessed us with this beautiful earth. In Doctrine and Covenants 82:3 we find what is expected of us when we are blessed:

"For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation."

The last part is intimidating, but we need to realized that He has blessed us with many gifts of knowledge and a beautiful world to live in. If we are not taking care of these blessing and using them with care, there are consequences.

As a parent I am very aware of consequences. If one of my little ones chooses to do something wrong, he will receive a consequence. Our Father in Heaven has given us the Holy Ghost to let us know when we are doing wrong and help us to stay in the right. If we go against that, we cannot be shocked when there are consequences. Some of these consequences have to do with what we are doing with our environment, we can't expect that He will take those consequences away. We are stewards over this beautiful earth and as a result we need to take care of it.


I know this is something I get a little heated over, but that is because I love this beautiful earth and want to see it stay that way, beautiful.

No comments: