Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Simple Recipe

I used to think I was a good cook/baker, but in recent years I have found that I just am not very good at cooking and being a mother... Although, I am sure I will learn and grow to be able to handle both.

Well I have found this "Simple Recipe" that seems to be something I can do. Some days it turns out perfectly, other days a disaster (like yesterday, not the kind I would share pictures of). Here is the recipe:


You can find a link to the "Friend" here. It is the March edition.

By Jane Lamb

I know a simple recipe that anyone can make.
It isn't for apple pie; it isn't for a cake.
You need not stir in sugar. Don't add a pinch of salt.
It isn't for a cookie. It isn't for a malt.
It comes from Heavenly Father, who watches from above.
You start with just your family; add kindness, faith, and love.
Throw in some joy and laughter; and of course a cup of care.
Don't forget to add the sharing and a generous dose of prayer.
Make sure you stir it really well, so everyone can see
You've made a happy, loving home, from this simple recipe.


We had this for Family Home Evening on Monday and really had fun. Clark had us all make crafty picture frames out of Popsicle sticks, and our friends brought the delicious dessert of brownies with ice cream. Even though our little family has rough spots here and there, I am thankful for the blessing of having such a wonderful family.

The main problem yesterday was that mommy (Me...) was having a hard day. I am not sure why, but I just was in a rotten mood. Now here you will see what amazing people I have in my family. Rebecca and David, in spite of mommy being mean and bossy, were telling me that they love me all day. They would come over and give me kisses and hugs. Of course, Benjamin was just as sweet as ever as well. Clark still had big hugs and kisses for me as well, even though I felt so rotten about myself.

At church we have chosen to attend the "Marriage and Family Relations" class, since I feel we can always use the help. Last weeks lesson had a quote that keeps coming to my mind, the whole section starts with:


"No Perfect Families
Knowing that we are in mortality to learn and to develop our faith, we should understand that there must be opposition in all things. During a family council in my own home, my wife said, "When you may think that someone has a perfect family, you just do not know them well enough.""
(Elder Robert D. Hales, "Strengthening Families: Our Sacred Duty")

I especially loved his wife's words, it give me comfort as we strive to make a good and happy little family. There will be bumps along the way, but we will rise and be more united and stronger because of the trials we will overcome. This we can only do through our Savior Jesus Christ's blessings on us.



2 comments:

Ladybug143 said...

Regardless of what you think I know that you are a great mother and I think that Clark would agree with me!

Rockin' Rowes said...

You are a wonderful mother! Thanks for sharing that cute poem!