Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A bit of Heaven

We are all in love with our new little Benjamin. He really is a bit of heaven and his little spontaneous smiles melt our hearts. We are adjusting well and the children are full of love for him. David will jump at any chance to help Benjamin or hug him or cuddle him. Rebecca, a little less able to understand how amazing a new little baby is, loves Benjamin but mainly just accepts that he is a new part of the family and goes on with her playing. She does like to talk about him to others.
I have found that I want to cherish each moment I have with him, even in the middle of the night, because I realize how quickly these sweet little days pass by. I love how he will just gaze up into my face with a look of total love and dependence. Seeing this makes me think of our Heavenly Father and how we need to look to him with that same feeling. Just as Benjamin relies on me as his mother to care for him, love him and keep him safe; I too strive to rely on my Father in Heaven, putting my hand in his and letting him help me and guide me through life. Through his son, Jesus Christ, I can have power to do what he asks of me.
Babies are a true reminder of heaven, no wonder we hold them and tenderly smile into their pure faces.
Families are Forever.

No comments: