Monday, May 25, 2009

Far Away, but not so Long Ago...

I feel so far away from my roots this Memorial day. As I remember past traditions of visiting cemeteries and being with family and remember those who have passed on, I feel like time is a blink of the eye.
We spent this day with just our little family making Memorial day memorable for the children, but I was sad that we really didn't help the children remember those who have gone on before us.
Here are a few people that I usually remember and that have a special place in my heart:

Both my Grandpas have passed away, and I miss them both so much. I felt closer to both of them than most of my other extended family. They were both full of life and love. Their testimonies of Christ shone brightly through their happy eyes. I love them and am thankful for the great examples they have set for me.
Grandma and Grandpa Carr

Grandpa Rowe riding his horse

This is my father's little sister. Even though I never knew her, she holds a special place in my heart. I know that she is still alive in spirit and that someday I will meet her.
Lorette

As my Grandma Rowe always says, "Family is everything". I know that even though it is hard to miss those that have passed away, it isn't the end. I know we will all rise in the resurrection and be with our family and friends again. All made possible through Jesus Christs atonement and resurrection. Through the blessing of the temple, we can be sealed to our families forever.

2 comments:

Rockin' Rowes said...

Very beautiful!

Dad said...

Thanks Maryann. That was very thoughtful.