Monday, May 18, 2009

One Foot Shorter

I have been watching and waiting wanting to cut my hair as the weather gets warmer, but I just have a hard time going somewhere and doing it. I have been thinking for about a month that I might want to try cutting it myself. Circumstances seemed to line up that I had a few hours by myself and I decided to take the plunge.
Here is my hair just before
I measured to see just how long my hair was and divided it into two pony tails.
Then I chopped them off, it was a lot harder than I had envisioned. I was worried I had cut it very uneven.
Clark came home as I was evening my hair and snapped a picture. I asked him to check the back and even up what I couldn't see. He really helped a lot!
Here is the end result, a little short for my taste but I thought it turned out well enough that I won't have to go somewhere to fix. No need to cut my hair for another two years...
I might want to do this from now on, even if it was harder than just going somewhere; it was a lot more fun!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I think you look darling and I am so envious at how brave you were to do it yourself. Good job!!

Rockin' Rowes said...

Maryann! Nicole and I love the haircut you gave yourself. It is awesome.